Coating Terms

Search For Terms:
It is used to specify a color change along the depth of the film due to the migration of one or several pigments to the surface more than other pigments. When rub-out test is performed on a wet paint film with flooding, one can see an indistinct color change on the rubbed region by looking the paint-glass interface behind the glass. On the other hand, a more certain color change can be seen at paint-air interface.