Coating Terms

Search For Terms:
“Destructive test” equipment used to determine the layer thickness values of different layers in a coating system separately by punching a conical hole in the paint film and observing the layers with a scaled magnifier. A paint borer consists of a right triangle shaped steel knife rotating around its perpendicular edge and a scaled magnifier.