Coating Terms

Search For Terms:
A round shaped dent on dry paint film. A hole, formed by gas or solvent vapor trapped in the coating film while leaving the film, can grow into a larger semi-spherical concavity as a result of partial levelling of the film. This surface defect is called “cuvette”. This defect is mainly encountered in oven-cured coatings containing trapped air or solvent vapor, and polyurethane coating films with trapped carbon dioxide in them.